For more information including photos visit my facebook page
Next Zoom online course starts on Tuesday 8th September 11.00-12.30 for 5 weeks
If allowed face to face course dates and locations are:-
Monday 7th September 10-11.30 Bishops Park Community Centre
(additional 13.15-14.45 class added if 10 a.m. fills up)
Wednesday 9th September 11.30-13.00 Ware Arts Centre
All courses are 5 weeks long this term unless stated otherwise
TO BOOK ON EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
What is covered on the baby yoga course? (Yoga for you and your baby)
Baby yoga is for babies aged 8 weeks up to crawling and includes for both parents and babies all the components of classic yoga. Younger babies can be accommodated. The yoga is fully integrated for both parent and baby and no previous yoga experience is required. All movements are adapted according to each child and parent. The course is great for encouraging babies gross and fine motor skills by developing and strengthening the muscles and keeping babies flexible. It also helps babies with emotional development allowing parents time to interact, teach (through songs and rhymes) and bond with their babies. Both babies and parents have time for movement and relaxation. Parents get time to stretch, tone, strengthen (with particular emphasis on the pelvic floor and stomach) and relax. Post natal recovery is included.
A typical class will include:-
- Time for the babies on the yoga balls
- Post natal breathing exercises and post natal realignment of the body.
- Movements for the babies lying on the floor, sitting and standing up and with parents standing and lying on their backs.
- Fun songs some you will know and some new
- Parents stretching and strengthening exercises with a particular focus strengthening the pelvic floor, core strength and helping with diastasis recti as well as removing any tensions in the body
- Learning correct postures to help you in day to day life
- Joint relaxation of the body and mind.
- Lots of sensory aids
- Time for refreshments, socialising and home-made cakes
This is a course you can keep re-enrolling for until your baby is on the move.
Also available -Baby yoga for crawlers and cruisers
This is the same but moves are adapted to the older child with the use of balls, parachutes and scarves. The pace is faster. There continues to be post natal moves and relaxation for parents.
No prior knowledge of yoga is required and each movement is at the pace of each individual parent and baby.
Prices: Cost is £60 including handouts with moves for you and your baby, songs, and more. 1:1 additional support is given if needed. If online cost is £60 or pay what you can afford.
To book or for more information on baby yoga:-
Please phone Penny on 07944 416572 or email me on the contact me page or email email@example.com